Wednesday, October 3, 2012

VBA String Manipulations - Extract Numbers

Sub Extract_Numbers_Inside_A_String()
' ______________________________________
'
' This macro extracts figures from a string
' and writes them to cell A1
' It works in Excel
' ______________________________________
'
Dim Counter As Integer
Dim myString As String
Dim myValue As Variant

myString = "AFEAJFEOAnuioeujaƩnvniue58123" 'define string

For Counter = 1 To Len(myString)
    If IsNumeric(Mid(myString, Counter, 1)) Then
     myValue = Mid(myString, Counter, 1)
     cells(1, 1).Value = cells(1, 1).Value & myValue
    End If
Next

End Sub

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may comment or show me other VBA tricks, but don't rest assured I'll always reply because I only have 24 hours in a day's hard work, and only a few minutes a week to update this blog... I'll try my best though...